Friday 10 December 2010

Lime Crime Lipsticks♥

I have talked a fair bit about Lime Crime lipsticks, they are a favourite of mine in my lipstick collection both for the colours and the formulation. They give a really good opaque finish but still remain moisturising on the lips. Plus the shade selection is fabulous, so many bold and bright colours to choose from. From the brand I have 4 shades, and I love them all! 
The only negative thing about them, and you can see from the picture above, they do melt a little so far only Cosmopop (the orange one) is the only really bad one the others just feel a little 'wobbly' but they are still perfectly ok to use. Just have to be gentle when applying.

♥Swatches♥
Left to right:

♥Retrofuturist♥
A gorgeous red, the perfect balance between blue and orange so it will flatter a wide range of skin tones. It lasts all night, and doesn't bleed which I find a lot of red lipsticks are terrible for. This has been my 'go to' lipstick when I have been out recently it is so pretty on, and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it.

♥Cosmopop♥
This is definitely the most daring colour I own, and when I chose it I was a little nervous how was I going to pull an orange lipstick off?! But I wear it lightly on top of my MAC lip erase which turns it into the perfect peachy colour, I just lightly apply it with my ring finger and job done I have a pretty peach pout!

♥Countessa Fluorescent♥
Firstly my pictures are in no way doing this lipstick justice it is MUCH brighter, almost neon, in the flesh this is one of those lipsticks I would describe as being one that Barbie would wear.A bright hot pink that always makes me feel gorgeous when I wear, there is something about this colour that draws me in. It almost comes close to being my favourite pink lipstick. A must have I think.

♥Great Pink Planet♥
Now if you aren't into wearing bright lipsticks and you like something a little more subtle then this is great. It is the pretty pale pink that we all adore, and it is the right balance of pink so that it doesn't become too light on the lips, much like Barry M 100 & 101 can be. I would say this is a more wearable version of MAC Saint Germain. Another must have for me.

A quick note, if you like the look of Great Pink Planet but don't have access to a counter or don't want to spend that much money on a lipstick then Revlon's Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 011 Stormy Pink is a fantastic dupe for a fraction of the cost!

3 comments:

snow0016 said...

the Countessa Fluorescent looks enticing!

Gaby Fauchon said...

Wow, Countessa Fluorescent and Great Pink Planet look amazing!

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

I really want to try some lipsticks from this line. Wish I took advantage of their cyber monday sale