Saturday 19 February 2011

Sue Devitt Product Raves ♥

I have talked about Sue Devitt products before I love their eye pencils, a gem in their crown I have to say. This time I will be focusing on their Hydrating Marine Minerals Tinted Moisturiser and the Gel-to-Powder Blush.




The Hydrating Marine Minerals Tinted Moisturiser, $40,  is a lovely light base, perfect if you have good skin (or a good tan in my case!) and you just want to have a little more coverage to even the skin tone out. It creates a lovely radiant healthy finish to the skin, giving the appearance of your own skin, so you can fool everyone else into thinking you really do have naturally good skin. Infused with antioxidants and sea butter (a marine fortified shea butter) it deeply hydrates the skin leaving you feeling refreshed. 


With a SPF of 15 you also get a light protection for everyday wear, and with anti ageing ingredients to help keep the skin looking youthful and radiant by giving you protection from harsh environmental influences that can damage the skin.




I have combo/oily skin and did find I needed to powder my tzone to keep the shine at bay, however it feels very comfortable on the skin so applying a little bit of powder was no problem as it just felt like I was wearing the powder. This would be perfect for anyone with a drier complexion, or normal skin types. If you are like me and have a slightly oily skin then I would say be prepared you will need to powder the areas that you get a little slip.




When I first opened the Gel-to-Powder blush in North Cape, $20, I wrote it off as not my colour, too dark and that it certainly would not dry to a powder finish. Well I'm gonna eat my words here. After finally trying the product out I realised that it only looks darker in the pan and it actually translates a lot lighter on the skin. If I were to compare it to another colour it would be a darker NARS Orgasm. It looks perfect on my skin, I have come to realise recently peachy tones are far more flattering on me and I have been reaching for this one a lot.




As for the Gel-to-Powder formulation I actually like it, normally I stick to powder blushers as they require little effort in application. I apply this with my ring finger gentle patting it on, and then blending out. It lasted all day on my cheeks, it creates a lovely glow and radiance to the skin. Another way to use this is as a highlighter as it is such a flattering shade.


♥Swatches♥



Have you tried anything from Sue Devitt? I cannot recommend the Gel-to-Powder blusher and the eye intensifier pencils.


1 comment:

EllysMakeupbag said...

I have seen lisalisad1 on youtube raving about them, i really want to try some of their products now.