Monday 26 November 2012

My experience with Clinique 3-Step

Find out more about Clinique products from their website HERE!

This is a rather overdue post however given my recent health trouble and being in hospital, there hasn't been a chance to talk about my new found love with Clinique. Although Clinique's 3-Step system isn't new to me but it has been over 4 years since I had used a full routine from the brand, so when I was given the opportunity to go along to my local counter to have a consultation I jumped at the chance. Sitting down with the incredibly knowledgeable Clinique consultant I was overwhelmed with the information but in a good way, being able to ask as many questions about the wide variety of products meant I could really get to know what is best suited for my skin. She kindly took me through every product for me, custom fitting each one by using the answers I had given at the start using the brands unique 'Clinique computer'. I have to admit looking at the line-up of products was daunting, seeing everything together made me really see just how many products I use daily, now I see what my boyfriend complains about! 

After using the products morning and evening for over 5 months now I really have fallen back in love, I have just made a repurchase of most that had run out. It only took around 2 weeks for me to see a difference in my skin, it began to even out and become smoother, gone was my dull skin replacing it with a radiant glow. After about a month my skin was really beginning to brighten up and my breakouts were kept firmly under control, then after 3 months that was what sealed it for me. My skin before and after was completely different, I have been so pleased with how clear and bright my skin has become that I am completely confident most days wearing nothing more than mascara and filling in my brows (but I do still like to make an effort). For years my skin has been a real insecurity of mine due to breakouts and pigmentation, so having found an entire routine that has been able to change that and sustain it is something I am always looking for in my skincare products. The products that I have been using are: 
Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk 
Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes and Lips
Liquid Facial Soap - Mild formula
Clarifying Lotion 2
Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion 
Exfoliating Scrub
Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector
Superdefence SPF25 Age Defence Moisturiser
Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturiser 

If I were to recommend just a couple of products aside from the 3 Step system, it has to be Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector and Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturiser, as I feel that those are two products that have really made a big contribution in my skins difference from before til now. I shall continue to use my 3 Step as a basis but I will be trialing some new products out, however I know I will at some point come back to the rest as I have loved the results. Being able to sit down at the counter was a valuable experience and I would definitely say that if you are looking to try Clinique products then pop down to book an appointment. Not only did we discuss my skincare needs, I was also walked through what makeup would suit me too and then I was shown exactly how to use the each product, starting with the skincare and the applying the makeup. After a month I was also invited back so that they could make sure I was getting on well with the products and if there wasn't something right then they can address the issue and swap products. This is a good service that Clinique offer and one that I haven't really experience with other brands, the service is very friendly and you feel like you are sitting down with a friend.

Do you enjoy using Clinique's skincare? Let me know your favorite product in the comments!

1 comment:

Beth Bradley said...

I'd really like to like the 3 step system cause it's really good basic skincare but it just made my skin so sore, I have some kind of reaction to it.
X